20 November 2010

The PLON FENTAUR BUFFER

Another buffer vero that I drew and built (schematic found at Beavis Audo Research - a great site, if you don't know it already.)

You can guess what pedal this buffer comes out of.

I like this buffer a lot. In fact, it sits at the beginning of my pedal chain and is always on. I love what it does to my OD/Distortion pedals, especially my Zen.

WARNING - I've found that if you've never used a buffer, you won't miss it; but once you use one, you'll never play without it again. :)

Enjoy it.

Play it loud!

NOTE: THERE IS A MISTAKE ON THE DRAWING! The jumper that carries voltage starting at b14 should go to pin8, not pin5. Thus the jumper should end at c14, not f14. Thanks to Bluesbox for catching this!
Will post updated drawing asap.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there!!
    I have looked at your vero layout for the KLON buffer and it seems you dont have a voltage going to pin 8! You do however, have the voltage going to pin 5! Did you modify this when you built yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluesbox:
    Thanks for the catch!
    The jumper SHOULD be going to pin 8, not 5, according to the schematic on Beavis Audio.

    I checked my buffer pedal, and DO have voltage going to pin 8. Just didn't update the drawing.

    I'll post corrected vero asap.

    ReplyDelete